Ask HN: My country may be in the midst of a coup – how should I get prepared?
41 by ahmedfromtunis | 27 comments on Hacker News.
I'm sure some of your heard about what's happening in my country, Tunisia. (tldr: the president made some 'unconstitutional' moves to thwart rampant corruption. Five days later, everything seems fine ... for now). Even though it seems the president is keeping his promise on freedom of speech, I don't think it would be extravagant to get prepared for the worse. So, what should I do to keep myself safe online? Edit: I'm not worried about my physical safety, I'm just asking about protecting my privacy online if the government decides to go full on Big Brother. P.S.: I tried to submit this question with a throwaway account, for obvious reasons, was told to "please slow down".