Your eBay account has been suspended
60 by quisquous | 28 comments on Hacker News.
Got an email from eBay this morning: " Hello brokeninfinity, We wanted to let you know that your eBay account has been permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk. We understand that this must be frustrating, but this decision was not made lightly and it’s important that we keep our marketplace safe for everyone. Learn more about how and why accounts can be suspended... " I'm a long time, infrequent eBay user, mostly buy stuff, 331 stars, 100% feedback rating. Haven't used eBay recently, no idea what just happened. Maybe someone was trying to hack my account? The suspension email has no reply address. I tried contact eBay through their web chat, and they say 'Sorry Scott, live support's currently unavailable.' I guess I'll stop using eBay now. The summary execution with no explanation and no escalation path and no appeal is not endearing. Count me added to the chorus of folks calling for regulations that will eliminate this sort of abusive behavior against consumers. We need some sort of 'due process' required of companies that operate above a certain scale. I mean, I shudder to think of the position I would be in right now if I depended on eBay for anything important. Thank goodness for me that I do not, but not everyone can say the same. What do you think?